Monday, June 6, 2011

Asthma Drug Effects on Pregnancy

Dr Samsuridjal Djauzi

I suffer from asthma since a child. At the time of SMP greatly reduced asthma attacks, only one or two times a year. At that time my doctor said that my asthma medication may be used if necessary only. Until I graduated college my asthma condition remains good. In fact, I can follow basketball. Now I've worked. I've also been married two years ago. I am now two months pregnant. Since this pregnancy I frequent coughs and colds. In fact, I also had shortness of breath. I'm afraid to drink my medicine so that the symptoms are resistant only. As a result, I had a little shortness of great and necessary treatment to the emergency department.



It says I am suffering from an asthma attack, I injected, was given oxygen, and given an inhaler for asthma. According to doctors, the spray had no effect on my baby's birth so I had to use it regularly to prevent recurrent asthma attacks.

I have read a lot about pregnancy and the best of my knowledge, the first three months of fetal growth is a period of fetal organ formation. At that time, the drugs should be avoided for this growth is not interrupted. I now doubt if I should use asthma spray drug or medication not survive for the sake of my womb. In addition, I also have to consider so that I can still work on a regular basis because I am quite busy at work lately.

Does an asthma attack in pregnant women could adversely affect the growth of the baby because my knowledge fetal growth is also influenced by the state of maternal health. Is the baby an asthma sufferer can grow normally? Do I have to undergo surgery later not being able meneran sectio? Is if the surgery I will not get crowded? Does my child will be suffering from asthma also because, he says, asthma is a hereditary disease.

M in B

Answers

Treatment of asthma has increased ahead. If the first doctor to treat asthma with a mixture of various drugs, now more simple treatment.

The drug is a drug needed to overcome airway narrowing and anti-inflammatory drugs. Drugs to overcome airway narrowing is only required when there are symptoms, but the anti-inflammatory drugs should be used continuously if asthma symptoms occur often enough. Both drugs can be administered via inhalation so the medication can work directly on airway tube and its influence on the heart or other organs of the body is very minimal. This drug also can be used on pregnant person.

Indeed in general we avoid using the drug in the first trimester of pregnancy for fear that these drugs affect fetal growth. However, if the drug is needed and know the drug is not a drug that should be avoided in pregnancy, the drug can be used with medical supervision.

The principle in medicine is that we should consider the benefits and safety of the drug. If the benefit is clear and needed, the drug can be given to pregnant women yet selected a good safety.

Well, it is better you use inhaled asthma medication regularly. If used regularly, not just asthma attacks can be prevented, but also your lung function can be improved so that you can perform physical activity such as people who do not suffer from asthma.

If you are healthy of course also a good thing for your content. If the state of well controlled asthma, asthma is not an indication for surgery sectio. You can give birth normally.

Olympic Champion

You deserve to know that people with asthma never won an Olympic swimming race, this means he is able to perform heavy physical activity provided good asthma control.

You and your doctor you can also achieve total asthma control. To find out whether you have reached that state, is available measuring tools in the form of questions you can answer. Through your answers, can be classified whether your asthma under control totally, well, or less.

You can ask these questions form to your doctor. If not available, you may request to the Division of Allergy Department of Medicine Faculty of Medicine University phone 021-3904546. They can help by sending directly or via facsimile form.

Sectio surgery to end a pregnancy is carried out on a particular indication. Your obstetrician will discuss this with you if action is required. In general, well-controlled asthma patients did not have difficulty sectio surgery. Because that's very useful if you are with your doctor to control your asthma better.

Risk mothers who suffer from allergies to have a child who is allergic disease is greater than mothers who do not suffer from allergies. However, that does not mean your child will definitely suffer from allergic diseases including asthma. If your child is born and then grow and expand it later, keep him to grow flowers well. Complete immunization, keep the nutrition, and educate him well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Hot Info | Facebook | twitter